Full Moon Hungry


Photo credit -River View, Holy Cross, West Park, NY

Sandra Lee Schubert
© All Rights Reserved, 2005

Full Moon Hungry

Come my love, and slip down beside me
I am full moon hungry and tonight
it is the brightest of the year

Empty of you finally
after a long illness
almost took the last breath of my body
I measure each action as victory
marking time by each
day I wake
greet the morning
reluctantly still
after all this time
It is the moon that feeds me, moving
lambently across my breasts,
filling me with its light and grace
I will tell you
when I have reclaimed my life.

Moving past the shadow of this illness,
I curl into the smallest shaft of light.
I will drink until I am full.


Sandra Lee Schubert
© All Rights Reserved, 2006


Sandra Lee Schubert © All Rights Reserved, 2006-2009


Writing for Life: Creating a Story of Your Own
e-course available by email subscription.


Click here for more information and to sign up
http://cli.gs/Uy4Up3

No comments: