A Body of Work

A Body of Work
I am here – lined like an ancient river that once flowed east into the great sea.

I am here – a body forlorn and bound to its remembrances.

See me – from above, the shadow sister next to the river that now flows west.

If you were to explore me – rock and bone now ground into pale sand along the urban highway – I would show you the path of water that once raged against my ample shores.

This river is bound to the earth,

waiting for the end of the world and the final rain and the one great wave that will wash me once again into the sea.


The Wild Angels Poets and Writers AnthologyMy submissions- by Sandra Lee Schubert © All Right Reserved 2006

Sandra Lee Schubert © All Rights Reserved, 2006-2014

Writing for Life: Creating a Story of Your Own
e-course available by email subscription.

Click here for more information and to sign up
http://cli.gs/Uy4Up3

No comments: